One of the great things about the tri-state area is the dedication its residents have to service- for their community and their neighbors. Getting involved in a local charitable organization is a great way to build lasting relationships and create a feeling of pride for your hometown. These are just a few of the great efforts in our area. Let us know of others to share on our site! Click the images to visit their websites.
(812) 437-7233 Holly’s House is a non-residential child and adult advocacy center for victims of intimate crimes. It’s a safe location where adult and child victims of intimate violence are interviewed and connected to community resources and services as needed.
(812) 425-2311 As “The Positive Place For Kids,” Boys & Girls Club EVV provides guidance-oriented character development programs for children 6 to 18 years old conducted by a full-time professional staff. The Boys & Girls Club of Evansville nurtures young people’s self-esteem by instilling in them a sense of belonging, usefulness, influence and competence. (812) 250-9247 It Takes a Village Canine Rescue, Inc. (ITV) is a volunteer ran, foster home based, no-kill dog rescue! A 501 accredited non-profit organization dedicated to doing what it takes to find loving homes for stray, abandoned, and surrendered animals.
(812) 402-8667 Gilda’s Club provides a place where anyone touched by cancer can laugh, cry, confront fears, share triumphs, and learn how to LIVE with cancer. It is a place where people find strength, comfort and wisdom by sharing their experiences; a comfortable place to recognize and release the many emotions that go along with the cancer journey.
(812) 425-4461 Since 1972, Keep Evansville Beautiful has helped its community clean up over 147,000 pounds of trash off the street, taught over 50,000 children not to liter, and recycled over 4,395 pounds of trash. These goals and initiatives are accomplished by engaging our neighborhoods to create beautiful and public places and continuing to Keep Evansville Beautiful.
(812) 479-1411 Easterseals serves 1.4 million children and adults with disabilities and their families, offering a wide range of services at 74 affiliates nationwide. We change the way the world defines and views disability by making profound, positive differences in people's lives every day, helping our clients build the skills and access the resources they need to live, learn, work and play.